1Wall was founded in 2012 by Scott and Gavin (two brothers from Blackpool, Lancashire); one brought a wealth of knowledge in interiors and retail with a customer-centric approach, whilst the other had a keen eye for design and the ability to anticipate the next big trend. With their complementary skill sets, they were a winning combination and 1Wall was born!
· Started designing wallpaper murals and manufacturing from a factory in Lille, France
· Distribution began from the 1Wall warehouse in Blackpool, Lancashire
· 1Wall attended its very first trade show in the UK; from which the brothers started supplying independent retailers
· Global interest in the 1Wall brand started to build…
The company’s international presence started to grow as a result of exhibiting across Europe. 1Wall also began supplying some of the UK’s largest retailers – which was a very proud moment for the whole team! 1Wall also signed an exclusive licence to manufacture One Direction wallcoverings – which was a fantastic move guaranteed to put smiles on the faces of thousands of fans across the world!
· Attended exhibitions in Germany – alongside some of the world’s biggest wall mural companies
· 1Wall products available in 23 countries across the world
· 1Wall began supplying some of the largest retailers in the UK (including B&Q, Wilko, The Range and Homebase)
· The company also began supplying wallcovering products to some big international players (Castorama, Leroy Merlin, Bauhaus, Bunnings and Gifi)
· Signed a world licence agreement to manufacture One Direction wallcoverings
1Wall reaches a milestone and becomes the UK’s biggest manufacturer of wallpaper murals (and probably the third biggest wallpaper mural supplier in the world after just two and a half years in business - wow!). The company also launched its own website, giving 1Wall a digital presence and online shop for its market-leading wallpaper murals.
· 1Wall attends more UK exhibitions and trade shows to grow brand awareness
· Exhibits products in Germany for a second year
· Launched a retail website (www.1wall.com) for wallpaper murals
· Signed a world licence to manufacture Life Magazine wall coverings
· Signed a world licence to manufacture Where’s Wally? Wall coverings
· Began designing and printing bespoke wall-covering ranges for some of the world’s largest soft furnishings companies
1Wall continued gaining momentum and launched its world exclusive Creative Collage to sit alongside its strong wallpaper mural offering. The company also began designing and manufacturing a small range of framed artwork from its studio in Blackpool.
· Developed the Creative Collage product
· Continued to exhibit in Germany at trade shows
· Exhibited in Atlanta, USA – and started to supply wallpaper murals to independent retailers in America
· Started manufacturing a small range of framed artwork alongside the successful wallpaper murals
· Framed artwork became available on www.1wall.com for customers in the UK
· Signed a world licence to manufacture Discovery Channel wall coverings
· Signed a world licence to manufacture Moto GP wall coverings
· Began creating bespoke ranges for B&Q
The brand continued to make waves and the team signed another world licence – which added even more products to the already varied range.
· Signed world licence to manufacture Patrice Murciano wallcoverings and cushions
· Introduced a full range of coordinating cushions to complement our range of artwork
The 1Wall team continued to grow and in 2017 became a ‘family’ of 30! With all hands on deck, the company increased its manufacturing power to create more and more framed artwork in its studio.
· Artwork manufacturing capacity increased with the growth of the 1Wall team
· Began distribution of 1Wall artwork in France
1Wall worked closely with its designers to expand the range available online and placed a focus on improving the website to improve the customer shopping experience.
Throughout 2019, the 1Wall continued to grow with more and more designs available throughout the year. 1Wall continues to create market-leading framed artwork with its signature liquid art and the brand plans to exhibit its artwork range throughout Europe.